Back in June, I wrote about my decision to change Blythe vs. the Werewolf’s format. It took longer than intended, but I’ve finished converting the comic script into a prose draft. And I’ve been sitting on it for over two weeks now.
The original plan was to have BvtW ready to post by Halloween, but that’s unfortunately not going to happen. Not if I want to put out something that’s actually readable. Between the post-draft revision outline, multiple necessary revision passes, and illustrations, I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me. Like, I know it doesn’t have to be perfect. But I also know that there’s a lot to fix.
So, what’s the new plan?
I’ve decided to post Blythe vs. the Werewolf in monthly installments, with the first likely going up in January. I don’t know how many installments it’ll have total, but figuring that out is one of my tasks for the revision outline. From there, I’ll do my revision passes (including thumbnail runs) one installment at a time.
Ideally, I’d make frequent updates on BvtW here, but I can’t make any promises. I may at least do some thumbnail and art previews in the coming months.
Also, just because there’s no BvtW this month doesn’t mean I don’t have something planned for Halloween! I’ve been working on a little art project that I’m hoping to post sometime in the coming week. I’ve been plugging away at it while giving my brain a rest from the BvtW draft, and it’s been a lot of fun!
There are a few more tweaks I need to make, so for now, here’s a little preview: